Role: Business Development Manager
Location: North of England – field based role
Employment: Full time
Reports to: Commercial Director
Package / Salary: Highly competitive salary + Car + Structured bonus scheme
Award winning Patient Plan Direct is one of the fastest growing dental plan providers in the UK. The company has experienced significant growth in the last three years thanks to its unique position of being the most cost effective of the major plan providers in the UK market, enabling dental practices to retain more of their plan income.
We are currently looking to grow our business development and account management team to work with our existing client base as well as dealing with and generating new business opportunities.
Job purpose / opportunity:
Reporting to and working alongside the commercial director, client services and business development teams, you will work with a portfolio of existing clients, helping them to develop their respective dental plans by determining and delivering agreed growth strategies and objectives.
Alongside the management of existing clients you will also be expected to deal with new business enquiries generated via the company’s regular marketing activity, as well as generating your own leads and pipeline by developing and nurturing your own network.
The role will also entail involvement in product development, marketing communications and other operational related activity, providing the opportunity to have a genuine impact on shaping the future direction of Patient Plan Direct.
The role will be predominantly home based, with the requirement to be ‘on the road’ for a considerable number of days each month.
- Experience of working within dentistry is essential
- Field based sales / account management experience with a track record of strong results AND / OR dental practice management or TCO experience is highly advantageous
- A knowledge of marketing principles is highly advantageous, as is a knowledge of dental payment plans and the plan provider market
- A strong work ethic and a team player
- Independent – Able to pick things up quickly with personal initiative to identify the steps to success and improvement
- Strong IT skills – Competent in using Microsoft office and web-based applications
- Able to understand basic business finances
- A natural forward planner with excellent organisational skills who can critically assess their own performance
- Strong written communication
- Must be an excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator as well as being comfortable in presenting to a group
- Self-driven, results-oriented, with a positive outlook
- Sufficiently mobile and flexible to travel several days a month within the UK with occasional over night stays. Able to work extended hours on occasions when required
- Mature, credible, and comfortable in dealing with dental principals and key decision makers
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Maintain and develop a computerised client and prospect database via CRM
- Maintain and develop existing and new client relationships through planned support, training and liaison with other colleagues in the business development team
- Monitor and report on territory activities and provide relevant management information
- Help to organise and attend various dental exhibitions, seminars, events and other marketing communications to both prospects and existing clients
- Bring fresh ideas to the table to help enhance Patient Plan Direct’s proposition and service
- On 28th November 2017